Click on the screenshot or the link to play the video1) Biodiversity in the Tropics By: naturalistoutreach (September 36, 2013) This video discusses biodiversity with a focus on the tropics. The tropics are the epicenter of animal and plant diversity. Humans have molded many of our inventions, technology, and medicine from the diversity there. However, we are responsible for much of the loss of the very same biodiversity that has proved so important to us.
2) People, Nature and Biodiversity By: LivingAmazon (July 22, 2013) A visually stimulating short video that reminds us we are connected with, and part of, biodiversity on Earth, the planet we call home.
3) World Marine Biodiversity Day 2013 By: unitednations (May 3, 2013) Humans are not only playing a large role in terrestrial biodiversity loss, but ocean biodiversity loss as well. An estimated 50 to 80 percent of all life on earth is found in the ocean and 60 percent of that is being degraded or used unsustainably.
4) Preserve Biodiversity, Preserve the Planet By: SlowFoodInt (June 25, 2013) This video describes what biodiversity is and why matters to us. It discusses biodiversity's importance, especially in relation to the food we eat. Safeguarding biodiversity also means safeguarding our food variety and availability.
5) An Unseen World - Amazon Rainforest Wildlife By: Paul Rosolie (February 3, 2013) Here a naturalist shows us an unseen world. The biodiversity in the Amazon rainforest is vast, as shown by his camera trap footage. This film was recognized as a winner in the 2013 United Nations Forum on Forests (UNFF) short films contest, Forests for People.
6) What does biodiversity do for us? By: cynshih (May 29, 2013) Biodiversity provides many ecosystem services for us. Although research has helped us utilize the benefits of biodiversity, research needs to be maintained continuously to ensure we are making the best decisions. In addition, it is crucial that biodiversity is preserved.
7) Group 1 Biodiversity Loss By: Cole Wiz (December 2, 2013) This video goes in depth in describing some of the ways in which biodiversity is lost.
8) Preserving bees: fighting climate change and biodiversity loss By: European Commission (December 3, 2013) Bees are incredibly important in preventing biodiversity loss. This UK-based action group is part of a transnational project focusing on preserving bees.
9) Biodiversity and Ecosystem loss in Coral Reefs By: GIN Conference Costa Rica (April 4, 2013) Coral reefs are full of biodiversity. Like many other ecosystems, they are under threat of biodiversity loss. Humans are a large cause of this, but the American School of Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) is working towards making a difference.
10) What is Biodiversity By: MonkeySee (February 21, 2013) Ever wonder exactly what biodiversity is? Science expert Emerald Robinson does a great job at briefly summing it up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqtdaIkxnQo
So there's our pick of 10 great biodiversity infographics. Which one did you like the best? Or do you have a favorite that we missed? Let us know in the comments below!